The VOSS Lok 40 tube contour
The 40° tube contour is formed at the end of the tube with the VOSS Lok 40 forming machine. The material on the tube surface is compressed and smoothed on the sealing radius by the mechanical forming process. This eliminates surface defects on the tube and achieves maximum impermeability.
The VOSS Lok 40 coupling system
Screw sockets and tube contours are aligned with each other in such a way as to achieve highest pressing of sealing surfaces and thereby an optimum seal of the only possible leak path.
Design-dependent process reliability
- Error-free pre-assembly with mechanical forming process
- Protection from assembly errors with noticeable increase in force at the end of assembly
- Easy and safe torque assembly possible
- High precision tightness at nominal pressures up to 700 bar
- Ideal for use in gas applications
- Reduction of leak paths thanks to high finish quality of the forming
- Prevention of leaks and claims
- Reduction of material and storage costs
- Fast and more process-reliable forming process
The VOSS Lok 40 system can also be used in combination with conventional clamping ring screw sockets. The cost advantage as well as the reduction of leak paths remain, except the assembly advantage of the "soft" block stop cannot be used in this combination.
The VOSS Lok 40 male nut
In addition to the extensive variety of coupling bodies and screw-in bosses, we have also designed the VOSS Lok 40 male nut. Combined with a form drilling, it is a cost and space saving solution for crash-safe block integration.
Advantages of block integration:
- Screw-in boss is not needed
- Reduction of leak path
- Increased safety in the event of a crash
- Space-saving installation area
The product range
The extensive VOSS Lok 40 system comprises a wide variety of structural shapes, such as angle, T or L-couplings. The system components are available in steel, stainless steel and various special materials with differing outside diameters.
- The VOSS Lok 40 forming machine processes tubes with an outside diameter from 6 to 22 mm, as well as imperial dimensions
- Suitable tube materials are steel, stainless steel, aluminum and special materials, such as CuNiFe
- Coupling components made from steel, stainless steel, brass or special materials
Assembly made easy
- Assembly is performed in just a few steps
- A controlled increase in force occurs at the end of the assembly process
- The option to re-tighten the connection is retained
Assembly advantages compared to clamp ring systems
- The assembly travel path is significantly reduced (tightening 120° instead of 450°)
- VOSS Lok 40 also enables torque assembly
- The noticeable increase in force at the end of assembly protects against over-tightening